Upcoming Events in Student Life
Careers in Cyber Security Event
Mar 28, 2019 09:00 AM
to 01:45 PM
Registration Deadline: Mar 28, 2019 10:00 AM
With more organizations than ever conducting business online, the digital footprint is expanding and increasingly sophisticated cyber attacks have created a growing urgency to secure that data and the resources organizations are deploying. Organizations are struggling to keep up with cybercriminal community.
Leading cybersecurity industry experts will be on campus for a unique event to connect with faculty, staff and students.
- Stephen Weston, VP and Chief Information Security Officer, Canadian Tire Corporation
- Rosy A. Pushkarna, Co-Founder and Information Security Advisor, capitalT Security Inc.
- Danny Timmins, CISSP, Partner, National Leader, Cyber Security, MNP LLP
- Helen Oakley, Cybersecurity Professional, SAP
These experts will be hosting a panel discussion and networking discussion for the UOIT community to learn about:
- Co-op / Internship & Career opportunities
- Industry updates and advancements
If you've been considering a career in the cyber security and IT industry, this is the perfect event for you! This event is open to students in the Faculty of Science, Faculty of Business and IT and Faculty of Engineering and Applied Science. Students are asked to arrive for 10:30am. Registration is on a first-come, first serve basis with limited seats available.
Shenelle.PayneCuffy@uoit.ca by Friday, March 22rd
Complimentary lunch generously provided by CATA Cyber Alliance.